July 19, 2006
And the winner is
My brother was right. A pin between the flexwheel and the torque convertor came out, make a huge racket and then jammed it. The dealer doesn't understand how, they say all bolts were tightened correctly but, still, it came out. They are trying to see why it came out given everything was done correctly. The good news is that they are paying for everything so thats cool, a worry off my neck.
Anyway, I'm probadly buying a DSR type track car so I think I'm selling the Porsche soon to pay for that. Should be cheaper to run. Anybody wants my harness setup then email me. The extras that I have are:
- 17" rims with 70% Bridgestone Blizzak LM22s (1700 from Tirerack).
- 18" rims with 20% Michelin Pilot Cups (Porsche OEM black rims)
- Das Sport Weekender Rollbar (1400 cost new)
- GT3 drivers seat (1600 cost new)
- Recaro Pole Position + BK 907x plates + Porsche manual sliders (1200 bucks new)
- Pair of 6pt Simpson Polyester Harnesses (1000).
- Medium Bell M2 Helmet with R3 clips (400)
- R3 from LFT Tech Head and Neck Restraint (995).
So, if anyone wants a complete DE setup for their 996 then give me an email.
July 19, 2006 | Permalink
I can feel your pain and frustration. I just went through the dreaded RMS failure (luckily repaired under warranty). It can be tough to swallow the repair costs and the frustration at times. I did however just come back from LCMT with some great memories, as well as increasingly faster pace every lap.A female instructor gave me this analogy." I guess it's like child birth: you forget about all the pain when your baby exceeds your wildest expectations again and again". I don't know what a DSR type car is, but I hope you have fun with it. On another note, I am interested in some of your spares, so send me an email at [email protected] and we can discuss it. If you are still going to LCMT in August you might be driving right by the house... It would be perfect timing.
Posted by: Mike Perras | Jul 20, 2006 8:44:28 PM