« Bedding EBC RedStuff Ceramic Pads | Main | New 4 seater Porsche »

June 09, 2005

Modified helmet for R3

This was easier than I thought. You guess the center of the helmet on the back and mark a mark 1.5 inches from the bottom in this 'center'. Next, measure from the helmet visor screw to this point. It was 10 inches on mine (Bell M2 Medium). Then measure the same distance on the other side, I was lucky, 10 inches again so my point was the center point.

Next, measure 1.5 inches up from the bottom on the side and mark a mark 4.75 inches from the center mark to a point on each side 1.5 inches above the bottom. These points are the two screw points.

We used a battery drill with a 3/16" bit and drilled through masking tape. The hole was very clean. I was able to pull the foam back enough to slide the washer and nut in far enough and the attached the D-clip using the longer screws (4 are provided, 2 short and 2 long) and thats it.

We spent a lot of time checking the measurements etc before drilling and that was the part which took the longest time although putting in the screws is a bit fiddly.

So, the helmet is R3 ready.

June 9, 2005 | Permalink

Comments

Post a comment